This kit is supplied in a small convenient pouch which holds all the essential connectors required for diagnosing with your multimeter. Unit is suitable for 12 and 24 volt automotive electrical systems.
The TE012 kit includes:
- 2 x LED test lights with standard 4mm banana connectors. These LED’s can glow either red or green depending on the polarity of their connection. Can be used for checking trigger pulses, supplies, grounds etc.
- 1 x 5K ohm variable resistor (potentiometer) - with 3 banana plug connectors, this potentiometer can be used to simulate many variable sensors such as temp sensors, mass air flow sensors, EGR position sensors, throttle position sensors etc.
- 2 x heavy duty alligator clips. Allows secure connection to battery positive or negative points as well as earthing points.
- 4 x needle probes. 2 red and 2 black, long high strength needle probes allows either the piercing of insulation to contact wires or the ability to back probe a plastic wiring harness.
- 1 x piercing probe. Allows quick and secure connection into wires ranging from 1.5mm to 4.5mm in size.
- 1 x 4 way adaptor block. This adaptor enables the testing of voltages without the need to cut or damage wiring. This allows a technician to disconnect a plug on a sensor and connect between the female terminals on the sensor or plug and the male terminals on the sensor or plug. A multimeter test lead is then connected to one of the 4 banana connector sockets.
- 2 x red and black probes. Standard 4mm multimeter probes.
- 4 x multimeter leads. 2 x positive and 2 x negative 900mm long leads.
- 1 x 2 ohm resistor block. This yellow connector block is used as an inbuilt substitute on SRS air bag/clock spring when testing/repairing the SRS system.